Aadhar is mainly used as proof of identity. It assigns a 12 digit number to every citizen of the country which is unique to every individual. Aadhar card is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). In order to prevent the misuse of your aadhaar number, the concerned authority has introduced a new security system called the Aadhar Virtual ID. This along with the other biometric details are going to provide authorized agencies with important details like your full name, photograph, and address. All these information are enough for KYC.
What is an Aadhaar Virtual ID?
Aadhar Virtual ID is known to consist of a 16 digit figure which is assigned to an individual holding an aadhar card. This 16 digit number can be used as an alternative to your aadhaar number. It is known to provide only limited KYC access. Individual using the Aadhar Virtual ID system doesn’t have to reveal or share their Aadhar number at the time of authentication.
You can easily generate aadhaar virtual ID through the official web portal of UIDAI. The government has made it mandatory for all authorized agencies to accept Aadhar virtual ID for the aadhar card holders.
Steps To Generate Aadhaar Virtual ID
You should be informed that aadhar virtual ID is only valid for one day. You can generate a new virtual ID only after 24 hours. This brings us to the aadhaar virtual id generate. Since this is a new system many of you may not the steps to generate your aadhar virtual ID. Go through the pointers given below to get an idea.
- At first, you need to visit the official website of UIDAI i.e. uidai.gov.in.
- Locate the ‘Virtual ID (VID) Generator’ under the aadhar services section and click on it.
- You are required to enter your 12 digit aadhar number along with the security code shown on the screen. Make sure that you enter your aadhar number correctly. In case of any mistake, the system will fail to generate aadhaar virtual ID number.
- Click on the ‘Send OTP’ option.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP received in the given space and verify it.
- You will be given two options: you can either generate a new VID or you can retrieve the one that you have already generated before. You need to select the option according to your choice.
- Once you select the option, you get the message like; Congratulations! Your VID Number Successfully Generated and sent to your registered mobile number.
- Check the below screenshot that how you will get your Aadhaar Virtual ID on your mobile phone by text message.
- Now you can use it from anywhere.
With the help of these steps you can easily generate your aadhaar virtual ID whenever you want and from wherever you want. Only thing is that you can use the system only once in a day. In other words, the system will generate only one VID in a day. This is done in order to prevent the misuse of your aadhaar details. Now that you know the steps, it should be easier for you to handle the system.