Sometimes, you need to change the date of birth on the Aadhar card online. Here are the steps that how you can change or update DOB in Aadhar card online on uidai.gov.in official website.
Change Date of Birth in Aadhar Card
Since millions of Aadhar cards have been issued, there remains a possibility of a printing error on your Aadhar card.
In case, if your date of birth is printed wrong on your Aadhar card, you can apply to change it.
The steps are really easy and thus, anyone can get it done.
Procedure to Change Date of Birth in Aadhar Card
To change the date of birth on the Aadhar card, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps. However, before you proceed with the steps, make sure that you have a registered mobile number available.
You can also change name in Aadhar card online by following this post.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- At first, you need to visit the official website of UIDAI.gov.in.
- After logging into the site navigate to the Update Aadhar Card Details option and click on it. You will find this option given under the Aadhar online section.
- You will be redirected to a new page called the Aadhar Self Service Update Portal. On this page, you are required to enter your 12 digit Aadhar number. Also, enter the security code shown on the screen in the given box.
- Now click on the send OTP button on the screen.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the given box and hit the login button.
- You will be logged into a new page where you can select the details that you want to update. You need to click on the DOB option in order to update your date of birth.
- Enter the correct information and review it nicely before, submitting it.
- In this step, you need to upload supporting documents in order to validate the change.
- Once you are done click on the submit button.
- Next, you need to select a BPO service provider in order to complete your update request.
- You will receive an Update Request Number on your registered mobile number. You can use the URN to check the Aadhar card status online.
PS: If you are planning to relocate somewhere and need to update aadhar card address then, read another guide on our blog.
Follow the steps given and change your date of birth without any hassle.